DSpace/ORCID Integration Details
- DSpace is an open-source repository software.
- With the release of DSpace 7.3, ORCID Member API integration is supported with authentication, import from ORCID, export to ORCID with synchronisation.
- Documentation is available on the DSpace Wiki here: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/ORCID+Integration
- From the Researcher Profile > Person Item Detail page, users are provided with a link to “Connect to ORCID iD” and grant permissions for DSpace to:
- Get your ORCID iD
- Read your information with visibility set to Trusted Parties
- Add/update your research activities
- Add/update other information about you
Export Data from DSpace to ORCID
- DSpace enables synchronised writing of DSpace data to ORCID.
- Two modes of synchronisation are available: batch (queued, to send overnight) or manual.
- The user may select which data types to be exported to ORCID:
- Profile: Affiliation
- Profile: Education
- ORCID Registry Queue will present a list of the user data queued to be send to ORCID. The user can delete items or manually export to ORCID from this list.
Import Data from ORCID to DSpace
- From Home > Import From External Sources > Publication entity type
- ORCID is available to select as a Source from the drop-down menu
- Users can search by ORCID iD and retrieve a list of ORCID works to import.
- Please note: this search by ORCID iD field is not prefilled with the authenticated ORCID iD and relies on manual inputting of the ORCID iD.
- Users may log into their DSpace accounts using ORCID as an authentication method (if enabled).
Detailed configuration specifications are available here: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/ORCID+Integration
DSpace/ORCID Credentials Process
Members using DSpace need to demonstrate their integration on the ORCID Sandbox. Register to use the Sandbox here: https://orcid.org/content/register-client-application-sandbox
Integrations are recommended to meet all ORCID’s best practices but there are minimum requirements to receive production credentials. Please consult the Member API Credentials Checklist here: https://members.orcid.org/api/member-api-credentials-check-list
When your integration is ready to go live, please contact the Irish ORCID Consortium Lead to schedule a review: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the integration has been approved, production credentials can be requested using this form: