The first stakeholder survey for the National Open Access Monitor Project is now open
This survey will close on 28th February 2023.
The purpose of this survey is to capture stakeholder input on the tender requirements for the National Open Access Monitor. The tender will be based on the specifications of the NORF National Action Plan (2022), NORF National Open Research Landscape Report (2021), Science Europe’s briefing paper on Open Access Monitoring (2021), the NORF Policy Brief on National Open Access Monitoring (2021) and the National Open Access Monitor Project Plan (2022).
This stakeholder survey is designed to:
- Arrive at a community-agreed definition for open access in this context at the national level, and
- Validate, and if required expand on, the user stories and functional requirements of the National Open Access Monitor as identified by the NORF OA Monitoring Policy Brief Group.
Stakeholders, in this context, are defined in the widest sense: anyone with a role in currently or potentially monitoring open access to research publications in Ireland, or who will enable monitoring of open access in Ireland, or who will use the resulting open access Monitor, are all welcome to participate and contribute to this project.
The survey is designed to enable multiple partial contributions from each stakeholder organisation/group/entity, so please complete the sections relevant to you/your role, and submit your answers. Please then distribute it out to others within your organisation/entity/group so that they may fill in the sections relevant to them.
To note: in order to comply with the Research Ethics requirements for the project, participants must complete a consent form (available here) and return it to email@example.com before completing the survey.
If you have any questions, or would like assistance in filling in this survey, please contact the Project Manager Dr Catherine Ferris here.
Online open drop-in support sessions will be held on:
- 7th February 2023, 9am-10am: Zoom link
- 8th February 2023, 2pm-3pm: Zoom link
- 9th February 2023, 10am-11am: Zoom link
- 10th February 2023, 3pm-4pm: Zoom link
- 13th February 2023, 3pm-4pm: Zoom link
- 14th February 2023, 1.30pm-2.30pm: Zoom link
- 15th February 2023, 11am-12pm: Zoom link
- 16th February 2023, 1pm-2pm: Zoom link
- 20th February 2023, 11am-12pm: Zoom link
- 21st February 2023, 9am-10am: Zoom link
- 22nd February 2023, 1pm-2pm: Zoom link
- 23rd February 2023, 3pm-4pm: Zoom link
- 27th February 2023, 8.30am-12pm: Zoom link
- 28th February 2023, 8.30am-12pm; 1pm-4.30pm: Zoom link
To book a one-to-one support meeting, please click here.