Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from ACS journals.
- The ability to make articles accepted for publication in eligible ACS journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2025
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Publisher page: https://acsopenscience.org/ireland-irel/?utm_country=Ireland&utm_uni=IReL
OA quota per year: 111 articles, to be used by participating members on a first-com-first-served basis. There is a provision in the agreement for purchasing extra articles if required.
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- all ACS journals
- list of all the eligible journals in all IReL TAs: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
Eligible authors: the corresponding author is a current staff member or student of a participating member institution at the time an article is accepted for publication. Invitations to make articles OA are subject to approval by member institutions.
Eligible article types: any peer-reviewed articles.
OA publishing license: CC-BY only.