Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from IEEE Xplore.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible IEEE journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 March 2021 – 31 December 2023
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
Journals included for OA publishing:
- all IEEE journals (hybrid and fully open access journals): see IEEE journal title list
- or see our list of eligible journals in all IReL open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types: all types of articles are included.
OA publishing license: choice of a CC-BY or CC-BY NC-ND license. Authors sign a non-exclusive publishing license with the publisher.
OA quota per year: 414 articles for full term (1 Mar 2021 – 31 Dec 2023). Allocated across the participating institutions on a first-com-first-served basis.