Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from the SAGE Premier 2021 journal collection.
- The ability to make articles accepted for publication in eligible SAGE journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
- Atlantic Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Dundalk Institute of Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Institute of Art, Design + Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Mary Immaculate College (from Jan 2023)
- Munster Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- South East Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (from Jan 2023)
- details on SAGE’s website
- SAGE’s guide to the agreement. This includes:
- IReL SAGE OA publishing agreement introduction (video)
- IReL Author OA Publishing workflow (Powerpoint)
- Author workflow for OA agreements (video)
OA quota per year:
- unlimited OA publishing in SAGE Choice hybrid journals (subscription journals where some of the articles are open access) at no extra cost. See the Hybrid @ (£0) list here.
- unlimited OA publishing with a 20% article processing charge (APC) discount in most SAGE Gold journals (fully open access journals). See the Gold OA (20% discount) list here.
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- see the list of all eligible journals in all IReL open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types:
- “[including] but not limited to: Original Research Papers, Review Papers, Brief Communications, Short Reports, Case Reports”
- “Articles published as part of commercially sponsored supplements, errata, book reviews, editorials, published abstracts, call for papers, news items or similar are excluded from this service.”
OA publishing license: CC-BY or CC-BY-NC