Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from all Springer, Palgrave, Adis subscription journals, as well as Academic Journals on nature.com.
- The ability to make their articles open access without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). This applies to articles accepted for publication in eligible Springer Nature journals. Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 April 2021 – 31 Dec 2024
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
Eligible authors: the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication.
Eligible article types: Original Paper, Review Paper, Brief Communication, Continuing Education.
OA quota: fixed OA fund each year *projected* to cover all eligible articles:
- Apr-Dec 2021: 270 articles. As of 15 October 2021, this allocation is fully used. Offers of IReL-funded OA to authors will not be made for articles accepted for the rest of 2021.
- 2022: 369 articles
- 2023: 378 articles
- 2024: 387 articles
OA publishing license: CC BY 4.0 or CC BY-NC 4.0. “Generally, Eligible Authors will retain copyright in the Eligible Article, subject to certain exceptions (including, but not limited to, articles published in Non-Standard Journals, or if requested by the author, and/or otherwise required by law or third parties (such as funding bodies)).”