1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2024
- The four year IReL-Wiley agreement allows eligible corresponding authors in participating institutions to publish original research and review articles open access upon publication at no extra cost.
- Eligible journals: all Wiley hybrid and Gold journals. See our list of all the journals (including Wiley’s) IReL affiliated authors can publish OA with under our agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals. Note that a small number of Wiley subscription-only journals do not offer OA publishing under the agreement.
- Eligible authors: at the time of an article is accepted for publication, the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student with a participating institution.
- For articles accepted from Thursday, March 18 2021: eligible corresponding authors will be invited to make their articles open access on acceptance.
- For articles accepted between 1 January 2021 and 17 March 2021: eligible corresponding authors will be contacted by Wiley, inviting them to make the article open access retrospectively.
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Wiley press release
- details on Wiley website
- Full-text of the agreement (to be posted late April 2021)
- details on ESAC registry (to be posted late April 2021)