Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from all of Wiley’s subscription journals.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in Wiley journals open access without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2024
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
OA quota per year: a limited annual publishing fund *projected* to cover all articles from members’ eligible authors:
- 2021: ~535 articles. As of 6 October 2021, we project that the 2021 allocation will be fully used by November 2021.
- 2022: ~546 articles
- 2023: ~558 articles
- 2024: ~570 articles
Journals included for OA publishing:
- all Wiley hybrid (partially open access) and Gold (fully open access) journals. See this list of all journals (including Wiley’s) included in IReL open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- A small number of Wiley subscription-only journals are excluded.
Eligible authors: the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. Requests for OA are subject to approval by participating institutions.
Eligible article types: primary research and review articles.
OA publishing license: eligible authors will be able to select the at least one of the following: CC-BY, CC-BY-NC, CC-BY-NC-ND. Authors retain all proprietary rights in addition to copyright.