Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to the complete contents of the ACM Digital library. Including journals, conference proceedings and newsletters – ACM Digital Library (DL).
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in the ACM Digital Library (DL), open access without author-facing article processing charges (APCs).
Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2020 — 31 Dec 2022
ACM OPEN, the new IReL-ACM agreement for 2020, continues to provide access to the ACM Digital Library, in addition to enabling all eligible corresponding authors affiliated with participating IReL institutions to publish their scholarly articles with ACM on an open access basis without needing to pay article processing charges (APC).
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
ACM OPEN (ACM’s Transformative Model for Open Access Publication)
OA quota per Year:
Unlimited OA publishing
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- Title List for this agreement
- see list of all the eligible journals in all IReL TAs: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types
“Eligible Articles: Articles in the ACM Digital Library designated as research articles by ACM at time of
publication, including articles commonly referred to as research articles, review articles and conference
or proceedings papers, and any other article types in the Licensed Materials for which ACM would
otherwise charge an Article Processing Charge (APC) during the term of this Agreement.”
OA publishing license:
CC-BY is the default option.
Instructions for authors
For your article submission to be included under the agreement, you must be the corresponding author and be affiliated to one of the above participating institutions. In the article submission process you must correctly identify your institution and you must use your institutional email address, not addresses from other domains. For example: you should use firstname.lastname@example.org, not email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The corresponding author is the author handling the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process and has authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript, and acts as the point of contact for any enquiries after the paper.
Submitting authors will be presented with three publication options:
- Institutionally Paid Open Access (CC-BY open access) – the default option we recommend
- Closed Access with Exclusive Licence to Publish / Licence
- Closed Access with copyright transfer