Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from AIP’s subscription journals.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible AIP journals open access without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2020 – 31 Dec 2022
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Journals included for OA publishing:
- the majority of AIP’s journals, except their fully open access journals and certain subscription-only journals
- list of all the eligible journals in *all* IReL OA agreements, incl AIP: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
Eligible authors: the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. Authors must correctly identify affiliation with a participating member to AIP. Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating institutions. Guide for Authors.
Eligible article types: primary research article, review article, perspective article, tutorial article.
OA publishing license: eligible articles will be published under a CC-BY license. Authors retain copyright, while granting the publisher an exclusive license to publish. Further information here.
OA quota per year: 34 articles per year. Allocated across the participating institutions on a first-com-first-served basis.