Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from CUP’s subscription journals.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible CUP journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2025
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Journals included for OA publishing:
- Almost all CUP hybrid and fully open access journals. As detailed in the linked sheet, a small number of journals may either not offer OA or may require authors to transfer copyright.
- see our list of eligible journals in all IReL open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication.
- The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types: a research, case report, brief report, review or rapid communications format article.
OA publishing license: choice of a CC-BY, CC-BY-NC-SA, and CC-BY-NC-ND license. May vary per journal.
OA quota per year: unlimited.