Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from CUP’s subscription journals, including any new CUP journals added during the Agreement.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible CUP journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2025
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
- Atlantic Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Dundalk Institute of Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Institute of Art, Design + Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Mary Immaculate College (from Jan 2023)
- Munster Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- South East Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (from Jan 2023)
Journals included for OA publishing:
- All CUP hybrid and fully open access journals. See our list of eligible journals in all IReL open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication.
- The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types: a research, case report, brief report, review or rapid communications format article.
OA publishing license: choice of a CC-BY, CC-BY-NC-SA, and CC-BY-NC-ND license. May vary per journal.
OA quota per year: unlimited.