Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to the the following The Company of Biologists (CoB) journals: Development; Journal of Cell Science; Journal of Experimental Biology
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in all The Company of Biologists journals open access without author-facing article processing charges (APCs).
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2023 — 31 Dec 2025
The Company of Biologists Read and Publish agreement 2023-2025, provides read access to three journals. It also enables all eligible corresponding authors affiliated with participating IReL institutions to publish open access articles in all Company of Biologists journals (Hybrid and Open Access), without needing to pay article processing charges (APCs).
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
The Company of Biologists Read & Publish Open Access initiative
OA quota per year:
Unlimited OA publishing
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- Journal of Cell Science
- Journal of Experimental Biology
- Disease Models & Mechanisms
- Biology Open
- see list of all the eligible journals in all IReL TAs: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types
Original research articles
OA publishing license:
Published under the terms of the CC-BY Version 4.0 license