Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from the Emerald Premier journal collection.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible Emerald journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- National University Of Ireland, Galway
- Technological University Dublin
- Royal College Surgeons In Ireland
- University College Cork
- Maynooth University
- University Of Limerick
- Trinity College Dublin
Publisher page: The IRel & Emerald open access partnership
Journals included for OA publishing: all Emerald journals. See either:
- Emerald journal list, or
- list of all the journals IReL affiliated authors can publish OA with under our open access publisher agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
Eligible authors: the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
Eligible article types: all peer reviewed content
OA publishing license: CC-BY only
OA quota per year: unlimited