Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to:
- current content from all of OUP’s subscription journals.
- OUP reference resources:
- Oxford Art Online: Grove Art
- Oxford Dictionaries Online (ODO) (Technological University Dublin only)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (ODNB)
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
- Oxford Music Online
- Oxford Reference Online (ORO) Premium
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible OUP journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- OUP Open Access Account User Guide
- all OUP fully open access journals and hybrid journals (subscription journals which include open access content). ~20 OUP journals are subscription-only so do not currently offer open access.
- see the list of all the eligible journals in all IReL open access agreements, including OUP: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
Eligible authors: at the time of an article is accepted for publication, the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student with a participating institution.
Eligible article types: research articles and reviews only. Excluded: book reviews, letters to editor etc.
OA quota per year:
- 111 articles in hybrid journals
- 2 articles in fully-OA journals
- 117 articles in hybrid journals
- 30 articles in fully-OA journals
- 122 articles in hybrid journals
- 3 in fully-OA journals
OA publishing license: Journals offer one or more of the following, depending on the journal: CC BY 4.0, CC BY-NC 4.0, and CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.