Introduction: this agreement allows current staff and students at participating institutions to make articles accepted for publication in eligible PLOS journals open access, without author-facing article processing charges (APCs).
Agreement period: 1 Feb 2022 – 31 Dec 2024
- Eligibility is based on article acceptance date, so articles submitted before 1 Feb 2022, but accepted for publication after 1 Feb 2022, are eligible.
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
Publisher page: https://plos.org/resources/for-institutions/flat-fee-agreements/
OA quota per year: unlimited
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- PLOS Digital Health
- PLOS ONE
- PLOS Computational Biology
- PLOS Pathogens
- PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases
- PLOS Genetics
Also see the list of eligible journals in all of IReL’s open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals.
PLOS journals excluded from the agreement: PLOS Climate, PLOS Global Public Health, PLOS Water, PLOS Biology, PLOS Medicine, PLOS Sustainability and Transformation.
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
Eligible article types: all article types.
OA publishing license: CC-BY