Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from T&F’s Social Sciences and Humanities and Medical journal collections. This will include access to any new journals added to the collections during the Agreement.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible T&F journals open access without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Galway
- University of Limerick
- Atlantic Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Dundalk Institute of Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Institute of Art, Design + Technology (from Jan 2023)
- Mary Immaculate College (from Jan 2023)
- Munster Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- South East Technological University (from Jan 2023)
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (from Jan 2023)
OA quota per year: the OA publishing fund with this agreement is limited:
- for 2021, capped at 217 articles.
- for 2022, capped at 245 articles.
- for 2023, capped at 297 articles.
When the fund is fully spent each year, the author OA workflow will be suspended so authors will not be informed of the agreement on acceptance.
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- Over 1,900 T&F Open Select journals (hybrid journals). Most, but not all (see list of excluded journals), of T&F’s hybrid journals are included.
- fully open access (Gold) journals.
- For a full list of the journals available for OA publishing under IReL deals, see: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
- Text in T&F’s author workflows may give the impression that authors will be billed for the APC if they choose OA and are rejected for IReL APC funding. This will not happen: if rejected, authors will be offered a choice (paying the APC from their own funds, or subscription access at no cost).
- T&F author workflow:
- Eligible article types: Article, Review, Research Article, Review Article, Report, Short Communication, Case Report, Note, Original Article, Guest Editorial.
OA publishing license: authors will have the option to choose between a CC BY, CC BY-NC or CC BY-NC-ND licence, if offered by the journal to which the article has been submitted.