Introduction: this agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to current content from T&F’s Social Sciences and Humanities and Medical collection journal.
- The ability to make their articles accepted for publication in eligible T&F journals open access without the author paying an article processing charge (APC). Further details below.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
OA quota per year: the OA publishing fund with this agreement is limited: for 2021, capped at 217 articles (50%-60% of projected total). When the fund is fully spent each year, the OA workflow will be suspended so authors will not be informed of the agreement on acceptance.
Journals eligible for OA publishing:
- Over 1,900 T&F Open Select journals (hybrid journals)
- fully open access (Gold) journals
- See also our list of all the eligible journals in all IReL’s open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals
- Certain journals are excluded from OA publishing under the agreement: Premium APC Open Select journals
- The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are known to the publisher at this time.
- Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members.
- Text in T&F’s author workflows may give the impression that authors will be billed for the APC if they choose OA and are rejected for IReL APC funding. This will not happen: if rejected, authors will be offered a choice (paying the APC from their own funds, or subscription access at no cost).
- Taylor & Francis Author Workflow IReL.pdf
Eligible article types: Article, Review, Research Article, Review Article, Report, Short Communication, Case Report, Note, Original Article, Guest Editorial.
OA publishing license: authors will have the option to choose between a CC BY, CC BY-NC or CC BY-NC-ND licence, if offered by the journal to which the article has been submitted.