1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- The IReL-T&F agreement allows eligible corresponding authors in participating institutions to publish articles open access upon publication at no extra cost.
- Access to subscription content: authorised users in participating institutions will have access to all T&F journals from its SSH and Medical collections.
- Eligible journals for OA publishing: over 1,900 T&F Open Select journals (hybrid journals) – correct as of Feb 2021
- Certain journals are excluded from OA publishing under the agreement
- Eligible authors: at the time of an article is accepted for publication, the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student with a participating institution.
- For articles accepted from Wednesday, March 31 2021: eligible corresponding authors will be invited to make their articles open access on acceptance. Pending approval by a participating institution, the article will be published OA. If an author’s request is approved, T&F will notify them by email. If the request is not approved, the author can then choose to either a) fund the APC (article processing charge) through a different source, or b) publish the article subscription, which does not require the payment of an APC.
- For articles accepted between 1 January 2021 and 30 March 2021: eligible articles approved by a participating institution will be made open access retrospectively as part of the agreement, with the exception of articles already published OA. T&F will contact the corresponding authors of approved articles, informing them of this and directing them to complete an OA publishing license.
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick