1 Jan 2021 – 31 Dec 2023
- The IReL-BMJ agreement allows eligible corresponding authors in participating institutions to publish original research open access upon publication at no extra cost.
- Eligible journals: 27 journals in the BMJ Standard collection. 11 journals must use the CC-BY-NC licence for OA publication unless CC-BY is specifically mandated by funders.
- Eligible authors: at the time of an article is accepted for publication, the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student with a participating institution.
- For articles accepted from 04 May 2021: eligible corresponding authors will be invited to make their articles open access on acceptance.
- For articles accepted between January 2021 and May 2021: eligible corresponding authors will be contacted by BMJ in mid-May 2021, inviting them to make the article open access retrospectively.
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick